TDI Summer Camp 2020—Two sessions:
June 21-27, and/or June 28-July 4, 2020
Online registration now available!
The following documents are from last year and for reference only.
Download TDI 2020 Online Registration letter (instructional information about applying for TDI online)
Download TDI 2020 Brochure (informational, no registration forms)
To register, click here: app.campdoc.com/register/tdi
Registration for both weeks of TDI is due by June 1, 2020 ($30 late fee applies after this date). This year we also have an Early Bird Discount if you register by April 10th, a discount for registering for Week 2, a further discount for the second week if registered for both weeks, and a discount for multiple children from one family attending.
Scholarship deadline is May 1, 2020 for either or both weeks of TDI. We have a limited amount of partial scholarship money available, and encourage you to seek additional scholarship sources from your child’s school, your town, local community groups and/or businesses, and national organizations. Please let us know if you have had success with this, so we can pass ideas on to other potential participants.
All campers must fill out all information ONLINE pertaining to:
- Registration/Tuition, Health and Personal Information, Strand Choices
All students must pay the following at time of online registration:
- If not applying for scholarship or payment plan, we require full payment by credit card or bank check
- If requesting payment plan, be sure to fill out that part of the tuition form online
- If requesting scholarship, pay $100 deposit per TDI week, and you must upload the following:
- letter requesting scholarship,
- letter from child about why he/she wants to attend TDI, and
- the first page of your family’s latest tax return, which shows your family’s income and lists your child as a dependent.
We do not require any formal testing as proof of giftedness; our process of asking the student, parent, and teacher for written narrative in support of a child’s participation has worked well for us for many years. A first-time applicant must also upload the following in order to be considered for the Institute:
- a letter written by the participant describing how the TDI experience will benefit him or her;
- a letter from a teacher (and, if the child is home schooling, preferably from another adult working with the child) describing his/her ability to succeed in a stimulating and challenging learning environment. If this seems like it might take a while, upload everything else, and upload the teacher recommendation as soon as possible;
- a letter from a parent/guardian describing why he/she thinks the Talent Development Institute is a good match for the child; if you are applying for a scholarship, this letter could also be the one to explain your need for financial assistance.
PLEASE SHARE THE WEBSITE ADDRESS AND/OR BROCHURE WITH ANY FAMILIES WHO MAY BE INTERESTED, WITH YOUR FRONT PORCH FORUM NETWORK, AND WITH YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL (ENRICHMENT TEACHER, GUIDANCE COUNSELOR, PRINCIPAL, OR TEACHER). HELP US REACH FAMILIES IN NEED OF TDI!