2019 registration form and brochure will be available in early February 2019.
Registration for both weeks of TDI is due by June 1, 2018 ($50 late fee applies after this date). This year we also have an Early Bird Discount if you register by April 10th and a discount for the second week if registered for both weeks (see Tuition Form for cost information).
Scholarship deadline is May 1, 2018 for either or both weeks of TDI. We have a limited amount of partial scholarship money available, and encourage you to seek additional scholarship sources from your child’s school, your town, local community groups and/or businesses, and national organizations. Please let us know if you have had success with this, so we can pass ideas on to other potential participants.
All students must send in:
- Completed forms:
- Registration Form
- Tuition Form (separate form), and
- Parental Consent Form
- the Daily Schedule grid with his/her first, second and third choices for classes in each time period marked on it, one for each week
- Full payment by check if not applying for scholarship, OR
- If requesting partial scholarship:
- $100 deposit,
- letter requesting scholarship, a letter from child about why he/she wants to attend TDI, and the first page of your family’s latest tax return, which shows your family’s income and lists your child as a dependent.
A first-time applicant must also send in the following in order to be considered for the Institute:
- letter written by the participant describing how the TDI experience will benefit him or her;
- from a teacher (and, if the child is home schooling, preferably from another adult working with the child) describing his/her ability to succeed in a challenging learning environment. If this seems like it might take a while, send in the registration form, parental consent form, class choices, and other letters without it so that your child will be assured of a spot at TDI and getting the desired classes. Have the teacher send the letter of recommendation in as soon as possible;
- a letter from a parent/guardian describing why he/she thinks the Talent Development Institute is a good match for the child; if you are applying for a scholarship, this letter could also be the one to explain your need for financial assistance.
***We do not require any formal testing as proof of giftedness; our process of asking the student, parent, and teacher for written narrative in support of a child’s participation has worked well for us for many years.
The full brochure and registration form can be found at the link above.
Mail Completed : Registration Form, Tuition Form, Parental Consent Form, Grid Schedule with Indicated Strand Choices, ▪ 3 Letters (for first-timers), ▪ Full Payment OR Scholarship Request Letter, $100 deposit, and front page of latest tax return to the address below.
PLEASE SHARE THE WEBSITE ADDRESS AND/OR BROCHURE WITH ANY FAMILIES WHO MAY BE INTERESTED, WITH YOUR FRONT PORCH FORUM NETWORK, AND WITH YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL (ENRICHMENT TEACHER, GUIDANCE COUNSELOR, PRINCIPAL, OR TEACHER). HELP US REACH FAMILIES IN NEED OF TDI!