Download: Brochure 2017-3
We are now accepting registration for TDI 2017!!!
Registration for both weeks of TDI is due by June 1, 2017 ($50 late fee applies after this). This year we also have an Early Bird Discount if you register by April 10, 2017 and a discount for the second week if added to the first (see Tuition Form for cost information).
Scholarship deadline is May 1, 2017 for either or both weeks of TDI. We have a limited amount of partial scholarship money available, and encourage you to seek additional scholarship sources from your child’s school, your town, local community groups and/or businesses, and national organizations. Please let us know if you have had success with this, so we can pass ideas on to other potential participants.
All students must send in:
- Completed forms:
- Registration Form
- Tuition Form (new separate form this year!), and
- Parental Consent Form
- Full payment by check if not applying for scholarship, OR
- If requesting scholarship:
- $100 deposit,
- letter requesting scholarship
- letter from child about why he/she wants to attend TDI, and
- the first page of your family’s latest tax return, which shows your family’s income and that the child is a dependent (new requirement this year)
- the Daily Schedule grid with his/her first, second and third choices for classes in each time period marked on it.
A first-time applicant must also send in the following 3 letters in order to be considered for the Institute:
- a letter written by the participant describing how the TDI experience will benefit him or her;
- a letter from a teacher (and, if the child is home schooling, preferably from another adult working with the child) describing his/her ability to succeed in a challenging learning environment. If this seems like it might take awhile, send in the registration form, parental consent form, class choices, and other letters in without it, so your child will be assured of a spot at TDI and getting the desired classes. Then have the teacher send the letter of recommendation in as soon as possible;
- a letter from a parent/guardian describing why he/she thinks the Talent Development Institute is a good match for the child; if you are applying for a scholarship, this letter could also be the one to explain your need for financial assistance.
***We do not require any formal testing as proof of giftedness; our process of asking the student, parent, and teacher for written narrative in support of a child’s participation has worked well for us for many years.
Mail Completed : Registration Form, Tuition Form, Parental Consent Form, Grid Schedule with Indicated Strand Choices, ▪ 3 Letters (for first-timers), ▪ Full Payment OR Scholarship Request Letter, $100 deposit, and front page of latest tax return to the address below.
PLEASE SHARE THIS BROCHURE WITH ANY FAMILIES WHO MAY BE INTERESTED, WITH YOUR FRONT PORCH FORUM NETWORK, AND WITH YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL (ENRICHMENT TEACHER, GUIDANCE COUNSELOR, PRINCIPAL, OR TEACHER). HELP US REACH FAMILIES IN NEED OF TDI!