- TDI campers at Johnson are entering grades 4-9.
- They come from all over Vermont, and occasionally outside of Vermont.
- In 2013 our 63 campers represented 50 Vermont towns.
- We usually have slightly more boys than girls, and are usually fairly evenly split between new and returning campers.
- Most participants spend the nights in the dorms; each year 5-15 commute from nearby towns.
- One-third to one-half of our camper population typically request, and most of these receive, a need-based partial scholarship from us. The scholarship deadline is May 1st of each year.
- Though we do not require proof of giftedness, our policy of requesting letters from the child, a parent, and a teacher of the child, has worked very well to insure that TDI is a good fit for all who attend.
- Our Leadership Program participants (we call them Leadershippers) are alumni who are entering grades 10, 11, and 12.
Staff at TDI
We typically have 20-30 staff at TDI Johnson each June, depending upon enrollment. Some staff members have Masters in Gifted Education or are experienced teachers, some are young adult alumni, and some are specialists in their fields. We have an incredibly strong number of returning staff each year. Brief bios of our current staff.